Your opportunity to extend your service by giving to your favorite charities through the Combined Federal Campaign-Overseas (CFC-O) has begun. The CFC-O, which ends on 20 November, is the annual workplace giving campaign for the five overseas unified combatant commands. The CFC-O raised more than $8 million in 2014, demonstrating the generosity of overseas Department of Defense uniformed and civilian personnel. This year, live the spirit of the campaign and “give because you care.”
Serving overseas often provides the unique opportunity to see firsthand the hardships people face around the world: hunger, limited access to medical care, and lack of educational opportunities, to name a few. Pledging through the CFC-O offers another opportunity to touch the lives of people in military communities, across the nation and around the world.
A contribution to one of the thousands of charities in the CFC-O provides help and hope to those in need in so many ways. Here are just some of the ways your gift can help those in need at home, across the country and around the world:
• $10 helps provide health care services to one mother and her baby, from pregnancy to post-delivery
• $20 provides school supplies for a child for a year
• $50 feeds a child one meal a day for a year
• $100 gives wounded soldiers supplies for a comfortable journey home
Contributors may make their pledge in one of three ways:
• Electronic payroll allotments through DFAS myPay
• eGiving payments using a credit card, debit card or electronic bank transfer
• Traditional paper Pledge Cards
Pledging through the CFC-O carries on the proud military tradition of giving help and hope to those in need, so make your pledge today.