The CFC-O is proud to announce the 2015 winners of the annual CFC-O Department of Defense Dependent Schools (DoDDS) Elementary School Art Contest. Six grand prize recipients were chosen from entries received at the kindergarten through fifth-grade levels (one grand prize winner per grade).
“The artwork submitted for this year’s competition was heartfelt and featured a variety of charity themes, including clean water, support for military families and more,” said Victoria Adams, Executive Director of the CFC-O.
The goal of the contest is to find artwork that will inspire participation in the 2015 CFC-O. Contestants submitted original artwork that illustrated the campaign theme of “Give Because You Care.” Six first place winners were chosen, as well as six second place winners and six third place winners.
Grand prize winners will receive a framed copy of their illustration and all participants will receive an award certificate and a participation sticker. All winning submissions will be featured on CFC-O promotional materials, Facebook and the CFC-O website.
The grand prize winners are:
• Kindergarten: Lina Orr, Bahrain Elementary School, Bahrain
• First grade: Mason Neal, John O. Arnn Elementary School, Japan
• Second grade: Joshua Montalvo, Bahrain Elementary School, Bahrain
• Third grade: Evelyn Lee, Aviano Elementary School, Italy
• Fourth grade: Liyou Sorenson, Sasebo Elementary School, Japan
• Fifth grade: Katie Butler, Garmisch Elementary/Middle School, Germany