The Combined Federal Campaign-Overseas (CFC-O) announced the 2014 winners of the annual CFC-O Department of Defense Dependent Schools (DoDDS) Elementary School Art Contest. Contest judges recognized six grand prize recipients from entries received at the kindergarten through fifth-grade levels.
Contestants were instructed to submit original artwork for the contest. The contest flyer read “People and communities in need are counting on you to help inspire participation in the 2014 Combined Federal Campaign-Overseas (CFC-O) by submitting an original piece of artwork illustrating the CFC-O theme: “Give Because You Care.” These students heeded the call—hundreds of submissions were received from over 15 schools.
Grand prize winners will receive a framed copy of their illustration and all participants will receive an award certificate and a participation sticker. All winning submissions will be featured on CFC-O promotional materials, Facebook and the CFC-O website.
“The artwork submitted for this year’s competition featured a broad spectrum of charity support, including food for the homeless, cures for cancer and more. But present in all the submissions was the tradition of generosity in the military,” said Victoria Adams, Executive Director of the CFC-O.
The grand prize winners are:
• Kindergarten: Katalina Petit-Guilleh, Incirlik Unit School, Incirlik, Turkey
• First grade: Kalli Hebert, Bahrain Elementary School, Kingdom of Bahrain
• Second grade: Logan Sturgeon, Bahrain Elementary School, Kingdom of Bahrain
• Third grade: Grace Walter, C.T. Joy Elementary School, Chinhae, Korea
• Fourth grade: Tristin Sorenson, Sasebo Elementary School, Sasebo, Japan
• Fifth grade: Kershie Garcia, Illesheim Elementary School, USAG Ansbach, Germany