Through the CFC, donors have multiple options when it comes to making a pledge. You can choose your cause, select as many charities as you would like to support, and pledge both money and volunteer time. You also have two choices on how to pledge: online or by using a paper pledge form.
OPTION 1: Online
Download the How to Pledge Online presentation for step-by-step instructions on how to make a pledge using the online pledge portal. Download the How to Pledge Online for step-by-step instructions on how to make a pledge using the online pledge portal. The CFC now offers a universal online pledge portal for all CFC donors worldwide at opm.gov/ShowSomeLoveCFC. This one-stop, user-friendly, web-based giving system has many benefits, including:
- Allowing you to establish an account to track your giving year-over-year;
- Ability to access information during tax season;
- Watching your donation be distributed to the charities you chose;
- Easily select your office/unit from a set of drop down menus to ensure your donation is credited to the correct area;
- Availibility of several pledge methods (payroll deduction, recurring credit/debit/ACH, or one time credit/debit/ACH);
- Safely complete a pledge without worry of sharing your PII on a paper form.
The open season for making an online pledge this year is Sept. 9, 2019, through Jan. 12, 2020.
OPTION 2: Paper Pledge Form
Some donors may prefer to give using a traditional paper pledge form. If this is true for you, please ask your Keyworker for the 2019 form or print your own. Federal employees can choose from payroll deduction or writing a check. Once completed, submit it to your Keyworker or Campaign Manager/Coordinator. Be sure to turn in your completed form as soon as possible to allow time for mailing to the centralized processing center and for processing your pledge.