DoDDS Elementary School Art Contest
DoDDS Elementary School Art Competition
Six Grand Prize Winners, All K-5 Students Share Their Artistic Talents for the Campaign
The CFC-O announced the winners of the annual 2012 CFC-O Elementary School Art Contest. Contest judges recognized six Grand Prize recipients from entries received at the kindergarten through fifth-grade level in Department of Defense Dependent Schools (DoDDS). Contestants submitted original artwork to help inspire charitable giving through the CFC-O, tailoring their drawings to illustrate the contest theme: Serve to Honor Your Country. Give Because You Care.
The CFC-O Local Federal Coordinating Committee (LFCC) in Washington, DC, chose one winner from each grade level to receive a framed copy of their illustration and an Award Certificate. Winning submissions will be featured in CFC-O promotional materials, on Facebook and on other websites, throughout the campaign.
“Again this year, the art submitted by elementary school students proved to be inspiring and from the heart. As we use the winning art to spread the message about the CFC-O we hope that the students who participated also learned about charitable giving and will continue to use their talents to make a difference for good,” said Victoria Adams, Executive Director of the CFC-O.
The Grand Prize winners are:
· Kindergarten: Chloe Hines, Seoul American Elementary School (Korea)
· 1st Grade: Alyssa Polonczyk, CT Joy Elementary School (Korea)
· 2nd Grade: Jessica Israel, Seoul American Elementary School (Korea)
· 3rd Grade: Amy Sanchez, Rainbow Elementary School in (Germany)
· 4th Grade: Megan Corrigan, Garmisch Elementary School (Germany)
· 5th Grade: Elyse Coleman, CDR William C. McCool Elementary School (Guam)